Monday, October 02, 2006

Travelin' Man

And he said death come quickly, I'm takin' the next train outta town. There ain't nothin' for me here, ain't no reason to stay.

So he hoisted his pack on his shoulder, the only belongings he had left--a change of clothes, a loaf of bread, a wallet full of faded bills and a blanket--and he made his way, he made his way off today.

Cuz there wasn't no reason for where he was goin', and there wasn't no reason to stay.

Day turns to night, and night turns to day, and the travelin' man, that travelin' man made his way,

and that's the last we seen him, and we sure don't know where he's gone, cuz he kicked off the dust from his dusty shoes, and he said "I'm gonna go find my fate today."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO...

Enemy of the Republic said...

I won't lie. I don't understand this post. But it is beautifully written.