Thursday, October 02, 2008

An Attempt at (Bad) Poetry

I told you that the world was before you, that you were free.

You looked at me with hope, with fear, and doubted if I wanted you.

I looked at you with joy, and saw you stretching your clipped wings.

It was just us two, and the world was crashing down around us, but for a while we were happy.

You asked me if I was lonely, and I said I was alone.

We loved, we fought, we clung to each other and pushed each other away until our world sometimes felt like a cage.

The door was always open. Seeing you fly through it into the open world has hurt more than you'll know.

The world is before you, and you're free.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For starters I hope you were making a bad attempt at poetry and not an attempt at bad poetry. Secondly, it wasn't that bad.

Enemy of the Republic said...

Oh my God, you are back!

Jessica B. said...

I second the first two comments: Glad you are back! And it wasn't that bad. :)

Anonymous said...

And to be a repeater...I liked it!

Welcome Back!!