Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Semester ending

I haven't written in a while, though there's a lot to write about.

In the last month I spent a week in Boston, went to Cincinnati, started going out with someone who makes me smile a lot and goes on adventures with me, and have been scrambling to finish the semester. My first year at Lincoln.

A year ago I was in Michigan, waiting to hear whether I'd be teaching at Lincoln or would stay at Spring Arbor. I'd been there three years; I felt ready for change. If I had stayed, I probably would have applied again for the Ph.D. program at Michigan State, or moved to Pennsylvania or California.

It's hard to believe it's only been one year. I've been to Oregon, Idaho, Boston, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Florida, and am headed to Greece and Italy in this last year. I've lived in four places, have seen friends divorce, have seen relationships end . . . and new ones begin. I've learned more about the Greeks, Celts, Romans and Romantics than I'd thought possible a year ago, and I've ridden or run hundreds of miles and shot thousands of freethrows.

Soon I'll be writing about the trip to Boston, and about letting people eavesdrop on our lives. I'll probably wonder out loud about technology and blogging, and changing society and current events and comics and movies and childhood and relationships and spirituality, or will gush about how much I like Stargate, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, Rob Bell, a certain movie or book, or maybe even will talk about the people who mean the most to me.

It's been a long absence. Hopefully, I'll be writing again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i look forward to hearing you journeying tales.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I will be glad to read your stuff. I will talk with you soon.

Cliff said...

Fatty and Enemy,

Great to hear from you. I've missed you both!