Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quick Update

The Travelin' Man series will continue. I have some ideas I'd like to work out in my head first, but thanks for your encouragement and for reading on.

For now, a quick break. My parents came into town for a couple days and I'm trying to juggle spending time with them and teaching class. A much needed break from school is coming up (giving thanks for that), so I'm trying to get caught up and limp along mentally until then, between giving lectures on Romantic lit, Hellenistic Art, and getting ready to talk about 19th century realism in Dickens and the gang. Oh yeah, also trying to think up what I'm going to teach for a culture class in ESL (English as a Second Language) tomorrow night. I'm thinking showing clips from Over the Hedge, Memoirs of a Geisha, Respiro, Life is Beautiful, The Last Samurai, and Babette's Feast. Any other ideas? I'd welcome them.

I'll post soon on Go master Chris (the game of Go), and the Zen of shooting hoops (I'm shooting around 78% right now in free throws). All for now. Be back soon.

The Madman

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Yep. It's like swimming underwater. Hope your break has been good too.